Chlorhexidine Diacetate is strong at sterilizing with a broad spectrum and low toxicity. The sterilization mechanism destroys the protoplasmic membrane of pathogenic microorganisms’ cell walls and kills Gram-positive bacteria, Gram-negative bacteria, bacterial spores, fungi, viruses, etc.
Chlorhexidine Diacetate can be used for skin disinfection, wound rinsing, and surgical instrument disinfection.
|Appearance (25℃)||White powder|
|Water soluble||Slightly soluble in water, soluble in ethyl alcohol|
Chlorhexidine Diacetate is a biguanide that can be used as a cationic broad-spectrum disinfectant. It is strongly effective against Gram-positive and negative bacteria and fungi and against Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
1. Hand-wash before surgery: soak with 0.02% water solution (1:5000) for 3 min.
2. Surgical site disinfection: 0.5% ethyl alcohol solution (ethyl alcohol 70%). The efficacy is similar to iodine tincture.
3. Surgical or wound disinfection: spray the wound with 1% mist or wash it with 0.05% water solution.
4. Surgical instruments disinfection: soak with 0.1% water solution. (Add 0.5% sodium nitrite to prevent the instruments from rusting.) The instrument can be soaked in a 0.02% water solution for storing purposes. (Also add 0.1% sodium nitrite.) The water solution should be changed every two weeks.
5. Burns and scalding: 0.5% mist spray or scream.
6. Furniture or room disinfection: wipe or spray with 0.5% water solution
7. Mouthwash: gargle with 0.02% water solution (1:5000). It is effective for pharyngitis and oral ulcer.
Sealed at dry room temperature.